วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 25 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2554

The story behind the Twilight


Scripture: I know the exact date, I began writing Twilight, because it was also the first day of swimming lessons for my children. So I can say with certainty that it all started with a June 2, 2003. Up to this point, I had only written a few chapters (other stories) that I never far away, and not at the birth of my first child, six years before.
I woke up (on that June 2nd) from a vivid dream. In my dream, two people had an intense conversation in a meadow in the forest. One such person was just a girl media. The other person was incredibly beautiful, crisp and a vampire. They discussed the difficulties in the facts that A) they fall in love with each other while B) the vampire was particularly attracted by the smell of blood, and had a difficult time ordering them to kill immediately. For what is essentially a transcript of my dream, see Chapter 13 ("Confessions") of the book.
Even if I do a million things (for example, breakfast for hungry children, dressing and changing diapers, said that children who find swimsuits that no one ever puts away in the right place, etc.) I stayed in bed and thought the dream. I was so excited by this story a couple of anonymous forget the idea fascinated me that he hated, was the kind of dream you call your friend and bore you with a detailed description. (Also, the vampire was so damn nice, I did not want to lose the mental image.) Contrecoeur, and finally I had immediate needs, and then put everything I could in the drawer and sat down to write the computer that I was not so long I was wondering, because I have pain. But I have not lost the dream, so I did what I could remember typing, calling the characters "he" and "them".
This time there was a day that I have nothing in writing. In the bad days, I would give only a page or two, good day, I want to finish a chapter and then some. I wrote most of the time in the evening after the children were asleep, so I focus on more than 5 minutes without interruption. I left the scene on the lawn and has written to the end. Then I went back at the beginning and wrote until the pieces matched drove the "Golden Spike", who joined in late August, three months later.
It took a while 'to find names for my anonymous duo. For my vampire (who was in love from the first day), I decided to use a name such as romantic, but fell out of fashion for decades. Charlotte Bronte was Mr. Rochester and Jane Austen's Mr. Ferrars signs that brings me to the name of Edward. I tried it for size and found that it fit well. My female lead was harder. Nothing of what I called it seemed right. Having a lot of time with her loved her as a girl and no name was good enough. Finally, inspired by the love I gave him the name I used for my daughter who never left and has been shown to save hardly visible at this point was Isabelle. Hooray! Edward and Bella were named. For the rest of the characters, I have a lot of research in the previous census, the search for names popular at that time was born. A couple of things: Rosalie was originally "Carol" and Jasper was first "Ronald." I like the new name better, but sometimes I slip and type Carol or Ron by accident. It really confuses people to read my drafts.
To my attitude, I knew I had a ridiculously rainy. I turned to Google, I need for my research and looked for the place with the most rainfall of S. U. This proved to be the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I drew maps of the area and studies them, looking for something small, the street, surrounded by woods ... And there, right where I wanted was a small town called "Forks." Would not it be better if I had the name of it for me. I had a Google image search on the field, and if the name did not sell the beautiful pictures fit the bill. (Since these images of the Hoh Rainforest (a short drive from Forks). See also the forks-web.com). Forks in the research, I discovered the La Push reservation, home of the Quileute tribe. The history of the Quileute is fascinating, and some members of the fictitious tribe quickly became intrinsic to my story.
The whole time Bella and Edward are, literally, the voices in my head. It just does not want to be silent. I would stay as late as I could try to resist, all written material in my head, and then crawl (my baby was not sleeping through the night yet) runs out in the night only to start another track conversation in my head . I hated to lose and nothing to forget, so I got up and down the computer. Finally I got a pen and notebook next to my bed to write notes so I could sleep for a couple of "damn. There was always an exciting challenge in the morning trying to decipher what I had scribbled on the dark side.
During the day, I could not stay away from the computer, either. When I started swimming lessons, in 115 degree Phoenix Sun, I call up and the economy and so new that I was not going fast enough off. It 'was a typical summer in the Arizona heat, sun, warm and hot, but when I think of those three months, I remember the rain and the cold, green things, as I really spent the summer Olympic rain forest.
When I finished the body of the novel, I started writing epilogues ... Many epilogue. This eventually led me to the fact that I was not ready to let go, clued my characters, and started the action. In the meantime, I put Twilight in great compulsion to change.
My older sister, Emily, was the only person who knew what he was doing. In June I started sending her chapters as I have done, and soon became my cheerleading section. He was always checking to see if I had something new to them. And 'Emily who first suggested, after I finished, I should try, was released at dusk. I was so impressed that I'm really a whole, an entire book that I decided to look into loan stunned.
Get published: To put it mildly, I was naive enough to publish. I thought it works as follows: They printed out a copy of your novel, wrapped in brown paper and sent to a publisher. Ho ho ho, it's a good idea. I started googling (naturally) and began to discover that this is not how it works. (Movies lie to us because a side note? Will not be able to exploit the new version of Steve Martin in Cheaper by the dozen, if you know how incredibly impossible scenario includes the publication is white.) All query letters, literary agents, findings against simultaneous synopsizes exclusive, etc., was very intimidating, and I almost gave up. It certainly was not the belief in my talent made me move fabulous, I think it was just that I loved my characters so much, and they were so real to me than others I have also wanted to know.
I subscribed WritersMarket.com and established a series of small publishers that unwanted memories and a few literary agencies accepted. It was then that my sister, Heidi, the site mentioned to me by Janet Evanovich. Mentioned in Q and a section for writers, Janet E. Writers House, among others, as the "real thing" in the world of literary agencies. Writers House went on my wish list as the most desirable and less likely.
I posted a couple of requests (and I still have butterflies in the stomach to rest when I looked through the letters in the mail, I asked, it was scary to drive.). I state for the record that my questions really bad, and I do not blame anyone who sent me a rejection (I was seven or eight of them. I still have all this, too). Waste only who was wounded by a very small agent read the first chapter, before the ax fell on me. I had the slightest rejection came after Little, Brown had chosen me for a contract for three books, so that does not bother me at all. I confess that I have attached a copy stapled to the refusal to make the award on behalf of my business in Publishers Weekly comics, but I took the highest road.
My big break came as assistant to the House of Writers named Genevieve. I have not found much later as I was lucky, it seems that this gene did not know 130 000 words, a bunch of damn words. If they knew it would amount to 500 pages, 130K words, you probably do not ask to see. But they did not know (Picture me wiping the sweat from his forehead), and ask for the first three chapters. I was happy to get a positive response, but a little 'worried because I had not heard the beginning of the highest part of the book. I sent three chapters and has received a letter back a couple of weeks later (I could barely get it open, my hands were so weak with fear). It 'was a beautiful letter. She had gone with a pen and two stressed the extent to which they had entered, as are the first three chapters (I still have the letter, of course) loved, and called for the entire manuscript. This is precisely the moment when I realized that I could actually see Twilight in print and in fact one of the best points of my life. I need to scream a lot.
About a month after I sent the manuscript, I received a call from Jodi Reamer, an honest good literary agent wanted to represent my book. I tried really hard as a professional and an adult in this conversation, the sounds, but I'm not sure if I cheated. Once again my luck is huge (and I usually do not have much luck, I've never won anything in my life, and nobody takes a fish when the boat), because Jodi is super-agent. I could not have landed in better hands. And 'the lawyer, the Ninja (working on the profitability of their black belt at the time, no joke), a publisher's amazing in itself, and a great friend.
Jodi and I spent two weeks to get in shape before the twilight of the publisher. The first thing we worked on the title was, as the fork (and I still have a soft spot for girls of that name) has started. Then we polished some rough spots and Jodi sent to nine different editors. It 'really messed with my ability to sleep, but fortunately I have not been pending for too long.
Megan Tingley, Megan Tingley Books, Little, Brown and Company, read Twilight in a cross-country flight and came back to Jodi the day after the Thanksgiving weekend, with a strike prior agreement so huge that I honestly thought Jodi from my leg, especially the part where you have refused the offer and demand more. The result was that at the end of the day, I tried to information that was not only my book in the process of one of the largest publishing houses in young adults published in the process of the country, but wanted to charge me. For a long time, I was convinced it was a cruel joke, but I could not imagine that this would go wild extremes to play a prank on a hausfrau insignificant.
And so the course of six months, he dreamed of Twilight, written and accepted for publication.
Things get crazy, do with the movie and all the attention that Twilight will continue before the release. Even if I do get impatient sometimes, I am pleased to have in the past two years, trying to get to the situation. I'm very excited, it does dawn on the shelves, and more than a little 'scared, too. Overall, it was a true love work, love for Edward and Bella and the rest of my imaginary friends, and I am glad that other people who meet today

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น